[dm-devel] How to properly benchmark dm-cache

Remington Brasga Remington.Brasga at taec.toshiba.com
Thu Aug 31 21:29:20 UTC 2017

Hi, I'm trying to benchmark dm-cache, but I'm having trouble getting the benchmark to show positive results. I've tried TPC-B, TPC-C, TPC-H, SQL, and a handful of other, but I think because they are simulations they don't generate the 'hot spots' required to promote blocks to the cache.

I know it's easy to show results using FIO with a specific configuration, but I was hoping to use a real benchmark like the ones I've tried.

Does anyone have a good set of benchmarks that shows positive results?

Thanks,
-Remi