[dm-devel] [Consult] multipath-tools: will the community accept a new vendor specific path group prioritizer in libmultipath/prioritizers

Guan Junxiong guanjunxiong at huawei.com
Mon Dec 11 12:50:57 UTC 2017

Hi Christophe, Hannes, Martin, Xose and Benjamin,

It is beneficial for our customers if we integrate a new path group prioritizer into the multipath-tools.
But this prioritizer is vendor-specific and it only works for Huawei storage system. Will the community
accept such new vendor specific path group prioritizer in libmultipath/prioritizers?

I know that the multipath-tools accepted some vendor specific prioritizer such as emc.c , hp_sw.c, ontap.c and
so on in the libmultipath/prioritizer in 2008~2010 and there were no newer vendor specific prioritizer.
Before I get down to writing a new Huawei prioritizer, I want to hear your thoughts.

If it is convenient for some of you , please let me know your ideas. Thanks.

Best wishes.

Guan Junxiong