[dm-devel] scsi timeout on multipath

Muneendra Kumar M mmandala at Brocade.com
Tue Feb 21 13:27:48 UTC 2017

Hi ,
On a multipath network if we see a scsi timeout  on a particular path at what instance we will mark the path as failed.

Whether we will mark the path as failed when SCSI mid level failed to attempts error recovery by doing the below steps.

*        the SCSI command that has timed out is aborted

*        a SCSI device reset is attempted

*        a SCSI bus reset is attempted. Note this may have an adverse effect on other devices sharing that SCSI bus.

*        a SCSI host (bus adapter) reset is attempted. This is an attempt to re-initialize the adapter card associated with the SCSI device that has the timed out command.
Any info here will help me a lot.

Regards,
Muneendra.