[dm-devel] query on delay_watch_checks and delay_wait_checks

Muneendra Kumar M mmandala at Brocade.com
Mon Jan 2 11:06:52 UTC 2017

Can anyone help  regarding the below query.

Regards,
Muneendra.
From: Muneendra Kumar M
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2016 2:32 PM
To: 'dm-devel at redhat.com' <dm-devel at redhat.com>
Subject: query on delay_watch_checks and delay_wait_checks

If there are two paths on a dm-1 say sda and sdb as below.

#  multipath -ll
        mpathd (3600110d001ee7f0102050001cc0b6751) dm-1 SANBlaze,VLUN MyLun
        size=8.0M features='0' hwhandler='0' wp=rw
        `-+- policy='round-robin 0' prio=50 status=active
          |- 8:0:1:0  sda 8:48 active ready  running
          `- 9:0:1:0  sdb 8:64 active ready  running

And on sda if iam seeing lot of errors due to which the sda path is fluctuating from failed state to active state and vicevera.

My requirement is something like this if sda is failed for more then 5 times in a hour duration ,then I want to keep the sda in failed state for few hours (3hrs)

And the data should travel only thorugh sdb path.
Will this be possible with the below parameters.
Can you just let me know what values I should add for delay_watch_checks and delay_wait_checks.

Regards,
Muneendra.