[dm-devel] [LSF/MM TOPIC ATTEND] device-mapper compression target

Hannes Reinecke hare at suse.de
Fri Jan 6 09:57:09 UTC 2017

On 01/05/2017 08:16 PM, Benjamin Marzinski wrote:
> I've been working on a proof-of-concept device-mapper compression
> target. I'd like to discuss block-layer compression and IO hints.  I'd
> also be interested in attending any discussions on multipathing.

I have been thinking about a similar thing, namely using compression for
iSCSI. So having a device-mapper target here would make for a good testbed.
But having it in the block-layer would be really cool, and would have
applications in other areas (eg swap from zram?).

So yeah, I'm in for it.

Cheers,

Hannes
hare at suse.de			      +49 911 74053 688