[dm-devel] [LSF/MM TOPIC][LSF/MM ATTEND] multipath redesign

Hannes Reinecke hare at suse.de
Wed Jan 11 09:44:08 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I'd like to attend LSF/MM this year, and would like to discuss a
redesign of the multipath handling.

With recent kernels we've got quite some functionality required for
multipathing already implemented, making some design decisions of the
original multipath-tools implementation quite pointless.

I'm working on a proof-of-concept implementation which just uses a
simple configfs interface and doesn't require a daemon altogether.

At LSF/MM I'd like to discuss how to move forward here, and whether we'd
like to stay with the current device-mapper integration or move away
from that towards a stand-alone implementation.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke		   Teamlead Storage & Networking
hare at suse.de			               +49 911 74053 688