[dm-devel] split scsi passthrough fields out of struct request V2

Jens Axboe axboe at fb.com
Fri Jan 27 16:21:46 UTC 2017

> On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 09:11:14AM -0700, Jens Axboe wrote:
>> I've queued this up for 4.11. Since some of the patches had dependencies
>> on changes in master since for-4.11/block was forked, they are sitting
>> in a separate branch that has both for-4.11/block and v4.10-rc5 pulled
>> in first. for-next has everything, as usual.
>
> Eww.  I just had a couple non-trivial updates that I now do again.
> In case you haven't pushed it out yet can you let me repost first?

Why the eww?! You can't fix this with a repost.

It's fine, I'll just ship off for-4.11/block first (as usual), then
for-4.11/rq-refactor.

The two issues is in virtio_blk and raid1. For some reason, raid1
included a refactor of a function later in the cycle (hrmpf). So there's
really no good way to solve this, unless I pull in v4.10-rc5 into
for-4.11/block.  And I don't want to do that. Hence the topic branch for
this work.

I have pushed it out, but it's not merged into for-next yet, it's just
standalone. When I've done some sanity testing, I'll push it out.

--
Jens Axboe