[dm-devel] split scsi passthrough fields out of struct request V2

Christoph Hellwig hch at lst.de
Fri Jan 27 16:42:33 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 09:38:40AM -0700, Jens Axboe wrote:
> > Ok, I'll repost what I have right now, which is on top of a merge
> > of your block/for-4.11/next and your for-next from this morning
> > my time.
>
> Perfect.

At least I tried, looks like the mail server is overloaded and crapped
out three mails into it.  For now there is a git tree here:

http://git.infradead.org/users/hch/block.git/shortlog/refs/heads/block-pc-refactor

> > Btw, I disagred with your patch to use op_is_flush in
> > generic_make_request_checks - given that we clear these flags just
> > below I think using the helper obsfucates what's really going on.
>
> Why? It's the exact same check. The ugly part is the fact that
> we strip the flags later on, imho.

But before it was pretty obvious that it clears exactly the flags checked
two lines earlier.  Now it's not as obvious.