[dm-devel] dmitry.kasatkin at huawei.com

Renesanso renesanso at yandex.ru
Mon Jul 3 04:44:07 UTC 2017

Hi for all.

Dmitry Kasatkin's fork of linux.git write dm-integrity patch for linux
kernel and write example to create dm device
https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kasatkin/linux-digsig/+/2dfa67a1a4c049fd33fcc6abcb1c8ca57b17a268/Documentation/device-mapper/dm-integrity.txt
, but
it mainline kernel is other dm-integrity, that must work in ecc mode or
as AEAD-backend for dm-crypt.
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/Documentation/device-mapper/dm-integrity.txt
https://www.redhat.com/archives/dm-devel/2017-January/msg00028.html

I try to use dmsetup to setup  dm-integrity in ecc mode (but if change
block on backend device dm-integrity gives not reaction and give another
md5sum to upper level. but non error), for dm-crypt I cannot understand
how to use AEAD mode.

Please, give full instrustion to use dm-integrity in ecc mode and with
dm-crypt  (with kernel keychain creation)..

Thanks, Renesanso.