[dm-devel] Multipath ID not equal to LUN scsi ID

Steffen Maier maier at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jul 11 09:07:15 UTC 2017

On 07/11/2017 05:49 AM, liuqing at huayun.com wrote:
> Once a new arrived LUN mapped we will do rescan by "echo '- - -' > /sys/class/scsi_host/host2/scan".

I was referring to a rescan of the scsi device,

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/linuxonibm/com.ibm.linux.z.lhdd/lhdd_t_fcp_wrk_rescan.html

not a scan of the Scsi_Host.
The latter likely keeps the old scsi device with its old properties
being oblivious to the volume remapping on the storage target; it's
about discovering new scsi devices previously not being known to Linux.

> After rescan only the scsi_id tool give the right serial id, udevadm still got the prvious one.
> I have monitor the udev event by udevadm monitor while mapping a new LUN to the host, who will reuse the original path. No add event is triggerred, only dm-X emits a change event.
> But if the original path is deleted(removed) then add event will be triggerred.
>
> Flush the old WWID could make the WWID correct but the size is still incorrect as following. And 36005076300810eadf800000000000155 is actually 5GB.

likely same reason as above

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Steffen Maier

Linux on z Systems Development

Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen