[dm-devel] dm: submit stacked requests in irq enabled context

Gilad Ben-Yossef gilad at benyossef.com
Wed May 10 13:37:46 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 11:49 AM, Neeraj Soni <neersoni at codeaurora.org> wrote:
> Hi Keith,
>
> Request based dm (dm-req-crypt) is being used for Disk Encryption solution
> in Android used by Google. Also as i mentioned reverting this fix  improves
> the RR/RW numbers so this proves the request based dm is coming into path
> and is being used.

Sadly, that is an out of tree module.

Does it still use Qcom specific APIs in its implementation (qcrypto_* funcs)?
It did the last time I've checked - and the driver that implements
those is not upstream either...

It makes it difficult to help - which is a shame since I am interested
in enabling higher performance
of dm-crypt when using HW based crypto transformation myself.

Gilad
--
Gilad Ben-Yossef
Chief Coffee Drinker

"If you take a class in large-scale robotics, can you end up in a
situation where the homework eats your dog?"
 -- Jean-Baptiste Queru