[dm-devel] [Consult]: Can the coming Huawei scsi device handler be accepted in the scsi/device_handler

Guan Junxiong guanjunxiong at huawei.com
Mon May 15 04:08:12 UTC 2017

Hi, Christoph Hellwig
  Thanks for your reply. But I am  a little confused:

  Our Huawei scsi device handler will support ALUA. Besides , some new enhancements such as error self negotiation
on the scsi (maybe NMVe in the future) error status handling to enhance reliability.  Here are two choices:
   1) Alter the scsi_dh_alua.c directly and make a generic way to handle error status.
   2) Add a new file named scsi_dh_huawei.c which implements the ALUA feature and error negotiation feature.

   Can those two choices be accepted by linux-scsi?