[dm-devel] Replacement for dm_dispatch_request for older request based targets

Mike Snitzer snitzer at redhat.com
Wed Nov 1 16:08:57 UTC 2017

On Wed, Nov 01 2017 at  2:23am -0400,
Tariq Mustafa <tmustafa at hotmail.com> wrote:

>    Hello,
>
>    I am trying to figure out what would be the appropriate replacement for
>    "dm_dispatch_request()" on the newer kernel? This export has been removed
>    (by commit - [1][dbf978]), what would be an equivalent call to submit the
>    request.

dm_dispatch_request was renamed to dm_dispatch_clone_request (IIRC).

But are you asking what is the new export?  There isn't one.  There
should be no need for anything other than DM core (dm-rq.c) to call
these interfaces that are no longer exported.

Please explain what you're trying to do if you need more help.

Thanks,
Mike