[dm-devel] state of inflight pending io's

Muneendra Kumar M mmandala at Brocade.com
Mon Nov 6 16:33:41 UTC 2017

Hi All,
We have two paths(devices) sda and sdb  under DM-1.
If the dm-1 have sent 5 requests(rq no: 1 thro 5) to the sda,  but req-3 got a check condition, whereas req-1,2,4,5 are still pending for completion.

My understanding from the  code is that, the DM would mark the sda path as failed, and moves the req-3 alone to other path. However, when the response (STATUS_GOOD)  for the req 1,2,4,5 arrives,  it would accept the response and complete the IOs successfully on sda. Can you plz kindly let me know if my understanding is correct?

Regards,
Muneendra.