[dm-devel] dm-mpath: return DM_MAPIO_REQUEUE in case of rq allocation failure

Bart Van Assche Bart.VanAssche at wdc.com
Tue Sep 26 13:55:13 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-09-26 at 16:50 +0800, Ming Lei wrote:
> If you don't consider to change mpath into block in .queue_rq() now,
> please take this patch first, and I am sure this way is correct, and
> even it can be thought as a fix.

As I explained earlier, it would be wrong to take this patch upstream without
having tested and measured the alternative I had proposed first
(https://www.spinics.net/lists/dm-devel/msg32282.html). My alternative handles
SCSI hosts with multiple LUNs properly but the patch at the start of this
e-mail thread not.

Bart.