[dm-devel] BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request

Mike Snitzer snitzer at redhat.com
Fri Sep 29 15:08:28 UTC 2017

On Thu, Sep 28 2017 at  7:19pm -0400,
Igor Druzhinin <igor.druzhinin at citrix.com> wrote:

> On 28/09/17 21:17, Mike Snitzer wrote:
> >
> > Anyway, the issue you're talking about was also fixed, just not sure of
> > the fix right now but will keep looking.
> >
> > See: https://www.redhat.com/archives/dm-devel/2016-February/msg00073.html
> >
> > Could be the various fixes that Bart did to cope with queue teardown
> > races.
>
> Do you mean those fixes?
>
> https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-scsi/msg101312.html

Yes, but there have been _a lot_ of fixes and performance improvements
to DM multipath's blk-mq support independent of those fixes (fixes range
from SCSI, to block core to DM core, to DM multipath).

Trying to make a "stable" 4.4 kernel have all the fixes is a noble task
but I have no interest in taking it on.  Nor do I have time to coach you
(or others) through it.

Just rebase to a newer kernel!  (Sorry)

Mike