[dm-devel] [dm-thin] releasing a block and reusing it occurs in the same transaction cause metadata corruption

monty monty_pavel at sina.com
Mon Apr 2 10:19:55 UTC 2018

During my test(create thin-volume and do power loss test), thin-provision report errors:
	device-mapper: btree spine: node_check failed: csum 3763734755 != wanted 3763708718
	device-mapper: block manager: btree_node validator check failed for block 62775
	device-mapper: table: 254:929: thin: Couldn't open thin internal device
	device-mapper: ioctl: error adding target to table
I check block 62775 in metadata device, and I find that it is not a btree_node but can be checked pass using INDEX_CSUM_XOR. However, superblock can also be checked pass, and details_root of disk_super_block is 62775. So, I doubt that this phenomenon is caused by the problem of releasing a block and reusing it in the same transaction.