[dm-devel] [for-4.16 PATCH v5 0/4] block/dm: allow DM to defer blk_register_queue() until ready

Mike Snitzer snitzer at redhat.com
Fri Jan 12 16:13:48 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jan 12 2018 at 10:06am -0500,
Mike Snitzer <snitzer at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Jens,
>
> I'm submitting this v5 with more feeling now ;)

Of course PATCH 02/04 needed a v6.

> I've distilled the changes down to be quite minimal.  Hopefully this
> will help you and others review.

I could make it even simpler by dropping 02/04 entirely.  But I do think
it worthwhile to try to get 02/04 in at this time too.

> I've also done a dry-run of applying 4.16 block changes and then
> merging dm-4.16; no merge conflicts:
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/snitzer/linux.git/log/?h=block-4.16
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/snitzer/linux.git/log/?h=dm-4.16
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/snitzer/linux.git/log/?h=block-4.16_dm-4.16
>
> And all tests very well for me.
>
> Please consider for 4.16, thanks!

Anyway, I've genuinely tested with blk-mq now.  Sorry for all the
iterations on this patchset in such rapid succession.  Obviously I know
it doesn't instill confidence...

But I really would appreciate you giving this patchset serious
consideration.

DM is long overdue for this fix.

Thanks,
Mike