[dm-devel] multipath-tools 0.7.4 failure to remove device

Julian Andres Klode julian.klode at canonical.com
Mon Jan 15 16:26:58 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 05:12:10PM +0100, Martin Wilck wrote:
> On Mon, 2018-01-15 at 16:44 +0100, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> >
> > It was your commit that made it imply -n that caused the test failure
> > :)
> > I understand your position on that, but reverted it for Ubuntu,
> > because,
> > while it might be somewhat broken, it's at least the same level of
> > broken
> > as before.
>
> I'd like to understand that better. Why would this break boot?

Ah sorry for the confusion. It did not break boot. Having finding
disabled would have "broken" boot. The problem I was talking about
was that with finding enabled, no dm devices were generated, which
it turned out, was not entirely true - you had to run multipath
manually (due to your find implies -n commit).

It seems to me that this would cause more issues in practice than
just keeping the slightly race-y combination enabled. It's something
to revisit after the ubuntu lts when then people have some time to
adjust to that change.

ubuntu core developer                              i speak de, en