[dm-devel] multipath-tools 0.7.4 failure to remove device

Benjamin Marzinski bmarzins at redhat.com
Wed Jan 17 18:45:30 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 10:38:42AM +0100, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 02:30:46PM -0600, Benjamin Marzinski wrote:
> >
> > RedHat also removes your patches to force ignore_wwids off and imply -n
> >
> > 64e27ec066a001012f44550f095c93443e91d845
> > ffbb886a8a16cb063d669cd76a1e656fd3ec8c4b
>
> I only see you reverting the former, in
>
>   0013-RH-trigger-change-uevent-on-new-device-creation.patch

Oops. It appears that the other patch got lost in the shuffle of
converting over to the new git repo, and rebasing, and since nothing
uses -i anymore, its absence was never noticed.

I suppose that sort of undercuts my argument that we need to keep -i
working the way I orginally envisioned.

Thanks for noticing.

> > As a side note, RedHat also adds code to automatically fire off a change
> > uevent on all the path devices on the first time a multipath device is
> > created, so that all the path devices get correctly claimed by multipath
> > after the fact, on the first create. It's currently part of the same
> > patch that reverts the two commits listed above, but I have no problem
> > with posting it as a seperate patch. I obviously have no problem with
> > reverting those two commits upstream either. But I don't feel horribly
> > burdened with carrying them as RedHat patches.
>
> I like that patch, that sounds like a good idea.

I'll post this as an RFC, and we can sort it out along with the other
patches.

-Ben