[dm-devel] dm-rq queue stalls

Bart Van Assche Bart.VanAssche at wdc.com
Wed Jan 17 19:29:29 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-01-17 at 13:29 -0500, Laurence Oberman wrote:
> If you can share your exact fio run scriptparameters I can try this on
> my mlx5 test bed using the same kernel you are using.
> Ming has access to the same test bed as well.
> Is this direct to devices, or on a file system etc. etc.
>
> Are these from the tests directory in the srp test kit of yours.

Hello Laurence,

This issue can be reproduced as follows:
* Clone the block-scsi-for-next branch from https://github.com/bvanassche/linux
  (commit cd0b6b9f8779).
* Clone the srp-test project from https://github.com/bvanassche/srp-test.
* Modify /etc/multipath.conf as indicated in the README.md file of the srp-test
  project and restart multipathd.

If you prefer the rdma_rxe driver, run the following command:

srp-test/run_tests -c -d -r 10 -q 1 -t 02-mq -e kyber

Or if you prefer to run the test against an IB driver (mlx4, mlx5, ..) on an IB
system, run the following command:

srp-test/run_tests -d -r 10 -q 1 -t 02-mq

If running one of the above commands once would not be sufficient to trigger the
lockup, rerun the command a few times.

Bart.