[dm-devel] dm-rq queue stalls

Bart Van Assche Bart.VanAssche at wdc.com
Wed Jan 17 21:49:00 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-01-17 at 16:37 -0500, Mike Snitzer wrote:
> How critical is it to have the latest SCSI changes that are queued for
> 4.16?

Hello Mike,

The IB tests I ran do not depend on any recent SCSI initiator (drivers/scsi)
or SRP driver changes. However, if you want to run the SRP drivers on top of
the rdma_rxe driver then you will need the latest version of the SRP initiator
and target drivers, including some patches that are not yet upstream (but
should go upstream soon).

The test I ran may depend on the SCSI target (drivers/target) patches in my
tree. The SCSI target patches in my tree significantly simplify the session
shutdown code. The patch for simplification of session shutdown may be a bug
fix. However, the original code is so hairy that I have not yet tried to figure
out whether or not my changes improve the behavior of the session shutdown code.

Bart.