[dm-devel] hi . I just found out that `kpartx -d /full/path/to/myimg.img` does not release the partition mappings as expected.

Julian Andres Klode julian.klode at canonical.com
Mon Jul 9 07:33:24 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jul 04, 2018 at 02:26:16PM +0200, solsTiCe d'Hiver wrote:
> I had to do it manually with `dmsetup remove loop?p?`
>
> I am using kernel 4.15.0-24-generic on ubuntu 18.04.
>
> I don't know if it's a bug introduce by ubuntu or a bug in kprtx 0.7.4
> (may be alredy fixed ?)

It should work. We do have some patches in Ubuntu to make it work better,
see https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/multipath-tools/+bug/1747044.

You want to run kpartx with -v to see what's going on there and/or
report a bug at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/multipath-tools

ubuntu core developer                              i speak de, en