[dm-devel] [RFC] kill bio_clone_kmalloc and bio_clone_bioset

Christoph Hellwig hch at lst.de
Tue Jun 19 04:52:10 UTC 2018

Hi all,

this series removes all but one users of the traditional deep bio clone,
and then moves bio_clone_bioset to its only caller so that we get rid
of the deep bio cloning in the block layer API.

Patch 1 is already in the device mapper queue for 4.18, so we should
wait for that to go in before the series is applied.  The series is
inteded as preparation work for the multi-page biovecs so that it doesn't
have to deal with the difference between single page or larger bio vecs
for cloning.