[dm-devel] [dm-thin] problem about __shadow_block function

monty_pavel at sina.com monty_pavel at sina.com
Mon Mar 26 11:02:39 UTC 2018

Hi all:
When I read __shadow_block  function, I found a problem as follows:
After called __shadow_block function, if the orig block is allocated to another and rewriten by another context, Meanwhile action mentioned above are committed in the same transaction, and then power loss happens before write superblock to metadata device. If the orig block is device_details_root of thin_disk_super_block, we can not find any device in thin-pool.
Is it possible?
Sincerely monty

monty_pavel at sina.com