[dm-devel] [patch 4/4] dm-writecache: use new API for flushing

Mike Snitzer snitzer at redhat.com
Wed May 30 13:26:47 UTC 2018

On Wed, May 30 2018 at  9:21am -0400,
Mikulas Patocka <mpatocka at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 30 May 2018, Mike Snitzer wrote:
>
> > That is really great news, can you submit an incremental patch that
> > layers ontop of the linux-dm.git 'dm-4.18' branch?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mike
>
> I've sent the current version that I have. I fixed the bugs that were
> reported here (missing DAX, dm_bufio_client_create, __branch_check__
> long->int truncation).

OK, but a monolithic dm-writecache.c is no longer useful to me.  I can
drop Arnd's gcc warning fix (with the idea that Ingo or Steve will take
your __branch_check__ patch).  Not sure what the dm_bufio_client_create
fix is... must've missed a report about that.

ANyway, point is we're on too a different phase of dm-writecache.c's
development.  I've picked it up and am trying to get it ready for the
4.18 merge window (likely opening Sunday).  Therefore it needs to be in
a git tree, and incremental changes overlayed.  I cannot be rebasing at
this late stage in the 4.18 development window.

Thanks,
Mike