[dm-devel] dm thin: data block's ref count is not zero but not belong to any device.

monty monty_pavel at sina.com
Wed Sep 26 03:13:17 UTC 2018

Hi! I met a problem of dm-thin: a thin-pool has no volumes but its
nr_free_blocks_data is not zero. I guess the scene of this problem like:
a. create a thin volume thin01, size is 10GB;
b. write 10GB to thin01;
c. create a snapshot thin01-snap, orig is thin01;
d. write 10GB to thin01-snap;
e. for a data block of thin01-snap, which will be written by user, will
experience following steps:
	1. alloc a data block m firstly;
	2. wirte data to data block m;
	3. bio callback and assign data block m to thin01-snap.
If power loss happens between step 2 and step 3, data block will not
belong to any device but its ref count is not zero.
Is it a problem? How to solve this problem?