[dm-devel] xts fuzz testing and lack of ciphertext stealing support

Milan Broz gmazyland at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 16:04:32 UTC 2019

On 27/07/2019 07:39, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
> Thanks for the additional test vectors. They work fine with my SIMD
> implementations for ARM [0], so this looks like it might be a CAAM
> problem, not a problem with the test vectors.
>
> I will try to find some time today to run them through OpenSSL to double check.

I shamelessly copied your test vectors to my vector test for cryptsetup backend.

Both OpenSSL and gcrypt XTS implementation passed all tests here!

If interested - this is copy of backend we have in cryptsetup, vectors added in crypto-vectors.c
(there are some hard defines in Makefile, cryptsetup uses autoconf instead).
  OpenSSL: https://github.com/mbroz/cryptsetup_backend_test
  gcrypt branch: https://github.com/mbroz/cryptsetup_backend_test/tree/gcrypt

Once kernel AF_ALG supports it, I can easily test it the same way.

Thanks,
Milan