[dm-devel] dm: introduce DM_GET_TARGET_VERSION

John Dorminy jdorminy at redhat.com
Tue Sep 17 15:44:20 UTC 2019

Makes sense, sorry I missed that detail.

Might it be better to just extend 'dmsetup targets' to take an optional
target-name parameter? When I saw this change, I thought 'dmsetup targets
<name>' surely worked already for the purpose, and was somewhat surprised
when experiment disagreed. Then list_versions() has much the same code
change as in this change, there's a little change in validate_params(), and
it seems less surprising (to me) to extend the existing
target-information-printing dmsetup command than to add another one.