[dm-devel] dm-integrity

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 21:41:25 UTC 2020

Il giorno lun 13 gen 2020 alle ore 19:58 Song Liu <song at kernel.org> ha scritto:
> Right now, md_done_sync() doesn't really print any message. I think this is
> easy to add. However, md check/recovery is at block granularity, so we
> probably cannot print exact which sector got fixed.

Well, having the exact sector fixed is not mandatory, but really useful.
Better than nothing would be md logging that has fixed "something" and
it's location (a setor, a block, ....)
9 times out of 10 the dm-integrity log would be just above the md log,
so a match between dm-integrity sector and md block would be easy,
just read the line below or above.

I think that md should be a little bit more verbose on certain
actions. (in example, saying what was fixed, the last time of scrub
and it's result, as per my previous thread and so on)