[dm-devel] [patch] New mode DM-Verity error handling

JeongHyeon Lee jhs2.lee at samsung.com
Thu Jun 18 06:56:50 UTC 2020

Hello, Dear devcice-mapper maintainers.

I'm JeongHyeon Lee, work in Samsung. I'm chage of DM-Verity feature with
Mr. sunwook eom.
I have a patch or suggestion about DM-Verity error handling.

Our device (smart phone) need DM-Verity feature. So I hope there is new
mode DM-Verity error handling.
This new mode concept is When detect corrupted block, will be go to panic.

Because our team policy is found device DM-Verity error, device will go
panic.
And then analyze what kind of device fault (crash UFS, IO error, DRAM
bit flip etc)

In addition to the smart phone, I would like to have an option that
users or administrators can use accordingly.
There are patch contents in the attachment. I would really appreciate it
if you could check it.

I will look forward to hearing from yours.
Thank you :)