[dm-devel] multipath-tools: NEW openSUSE github repo

Martin Wilck mwilck at suse.com
Mon Jan 11 14:54:01 UTC 2021

On Mon, 2021-01-11 at 08:43 +0100, Hannes Reinecke wrote:

> Looks good to me.

OK. I have renamed the repositories now. The new openSUSE repo is now
reachable as

https://github.com/openSUSE/multipath-tools

The important branches have been renamed, please update your bookmarks:

https://github.com/openSUSE/multipath-tools/tree/fixes
  (obvious bug fixes, reviewed - Christophe should be able
   to pull from here any time)
https://github.com/openSUSE/multipath-tools/tree/queue
  (less obvious and larger changes reviewed on dm-devel,
   this is where changes for new releases would be pulled from)
https://github.com/openSUSE/multipath-tools/tree/tip
  (active development)

We should discuss the git workflow. Until now, I've always rebased my
branches on Christophe's when pulling. I would like to switch to a
merge-based workflow for "queue" and "fixes". This would make it easier
for third parties to pull from these branches. It would mean that
Christophe's repo won't keep a fully linear history. I'm not sure if
that matters to anyone, but I wanted to ask anyway. The "tip" branch
will continue to be rebased (onto "queue").

As discussed previously, changes regarding the multipath-tools code
itself will continue to be posted on dm-devel. Other stuff such as
github-specific changes (e.g. CI) might be handled via github PR,
without bothering the list, unless anyone objects.

The previous openSUSE repo, which will be mostly stale from now on, is
now found here:

https://github.com/openSUSE/multipath-tools-pre2021

Regards
Martin