[dm-devel] use regular gendisk registration in device mapper

Mike Snitzer snitzer at redhat.com
Tue Jul 27 16:18:18 UTC 2021

On Tue, Jul 27 2021 at 12:02P -0400,
Christoph Hellwig <hch at lst.de> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 11:58:46AM -0400, Mike Snitzer wrote:
> > > This did not make a different to my testing
> > > using dmsetup and the lvm2 tools.
> >
> > I'll try these changes running through the lvm2 testsuite.
>
> Btw, is ther documentation on how to run it somewhere?  I noticed
> tests, old-tests and unit-tests directories, but no obvious way
> to run them.

I haven't tracked how it has changed in a while, but I always run:
make check_local

(but to do that you first need to ./configure how your distro does
it... so that all targets are enabled, etc. Then: make).

Will revisit this shortly and let you know if my process needed to
change at all due to lvm2 changes.