[dm-devel] [LSF/MM/BFP ATTEND] [LSF/MM/BFP TOPIC] Storage: Copy Offload

Javier González javier.gonz at samsung.com
Wed Oct 6 10:05:23 UTC 2021

On 30.09.2021 09:20, Bart Van Assche wrote:
>On 9/28/21 12:13 PM, Javier González wrote:
>>Since we are not going to be able to talk about this at LSF/MM, a few of
>>us thought about holding a dedicated virtual discussion about Copy
>>Offload. I believe we can use Chaitanya's thread as a start. Given the
>>current state of the current patches, I would propose that we focus on
>>the next step to get the minimal patchset that can go upstream so that
>>we can build from there.
>>
>>Before we try to find a date and a time that fits most of us, who would
>>be interested in participating?
>
>Given the technical complexity of this topic and also that the people who are
>interested live in multiple time zones, I prefer email to discuss the technical
>aspects of this work. My attempt to summarize how to implement copy offloading
>is available here: https://protect2.fireeye.com/v1/url?k=ba7e5d9a-e5e564d5-ba7fd6d5-0cc47a30d446-07a47f3f53cbfe53&q=1&e=c3973bdc-b6fd-43fb-80e6-0c86cb6b4d5f&u=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fbvanassche%2Flinux-kernel-copy-offload.
>Feedback on this text is welcome.

Thanks for sharing this Bart.

I agree that the topic is complex. However, we have not been able to
find a clear path forward in the mailing list.

What do you think about joining the call to talk very specific next
steps to get a patchset that we can start reviewing in detail.

I think that your presence in the call will help us all.

What do you think?