[dm-devel] [LSF/MM/BFP ATTEND] [LSF/MM/BFP TOPIC] Storage: Copy Offload

Chaitanya Kulkarni chaitanyak at nvidia.com
Fri Oct 29 00:21:37 UTC 2021

On 10/7/21 11:49 PM, Javier González wrote:
> External email: Use caution opening links or attachments
>

> On 06.10.2021 10:33, Bart Van Assche wrote:
>> On 10/6/21 3:05 AM, Javier González wrote:
>>> I agree that the topic is complex. However, we have not been able to
>>> find a clear path forward in the mailing list.
>>
>> Hmm ... really? At least Martin Petersen and I consider device mapper
>> support essential. How about starting from Mikulas' patch series that
>> supports the device mapper? See also
>> https://lore.kernel.org/all/alpine.LRH.2.02.2108171630120.30363@file01.intranet.prod.int.rdu2.redhat.com/

When we add a new REQ_OP_XXX we need to make sure it will work with
device mapper, so I agree with Bart and Martin.

Starting with Mikulas patches is a right direction as of now..

> Thanks for the pointers. We are looking into Mikulas' patch - I agree
> that it is a good start.
>
>>> What do you think about joining the call to talk very specific next
>>> steps to get a patchset that we can start reviewing in detail.
>>
>> I can do that.
>
> Thanks. I will wait until Chaitanya's reply on his questions. We will
> start suggesting some dates then.

I think at this point we need to at least decide on having a first call
focused on how to proceed forward with Mikulas approach  ...

Javier, can you please organize a call with people you listed in this
thread earlier ?