[dm-devel] libmpathpersist: Getting undefined symbol during compilation

boli sudha bolisudha at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 15:27:08 UTC 2022

Hi,

I found this mail Id on the Git page, I never used libmpathpersist or
libmulitpath.
One of our applications is using these libraries. Compilation was working
fine on RedHat 7. I am trying to port our application to Redhat 8. During
linking I am getting the following error. Can you please help me?

/usr/lib64/libmpathpersist.so: undefined reference to `put_multipath_config'
/usr/lib64/libmpathpersist.so: undefined reference to `get_multipath_config'
/usr/lib64/libmultipath.so: undefined reference to `udev'

These symbols were not present in the RedHat 7 version of libraries.

On RedHat 8, these symbols were undefined, I downloaded the git code,
compiled, and observed that these symbols are defined in binaries, not
libraries.

I also tried to remove these libraries from linker command, but so many
symbols are missing.