[edk2-devel] GCC compiler version

Laszlo Ersek lersek at redhat.com
Thu Jul 11 17:01:49 UTC 2019

Hello Liming,

On 07/11/19 07:07, Liming Gao wrote:
> Hi, all
>   Recently, I find some failure with the different GCC compiler version. I want to collect which GCC version are used by you. Now, I use GCC 5.5 for the verification. It may be a little old.

I use multiple GCC* toolchains, with different frequencies. My primary
work laptop runs RHEL7, so I most frequently build (for IA32/X64) with
GCC48:

> gcc (GCC) 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-28)

Whenever I build on RHEL8, I use gcc-8.

On occasion, I might build on recent Fedora (gcc-9 I guess), but that's
quite exceptional for me.

View/Reply Online (#43613): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/43613
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io