[edk2-devel] [edk2-platforms: PATCH 0/3] Platform/RPi3: Improve timeout handling in DwUsbHostDxe

Leif Lindholm leif.lindholm at linaro.org
Fri Jul 19 16:43:52 UTC 2019

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 04:22:10PM +0100, Michael Brown wrote:
> On 19/07/2019 12:53, Leif Lindholm wrote:
> > The patches look good, and I don't mind you upstreaming Michael's
> > code, *but* I don't want patches submitted with anyone other than the
> > contributor's Signed-off-by:. (It's the equivalent of saying "Yeah,
> > Michael says he's OK with https://developercertificate.org/, and of no
> > actual use.)
>
> Sorry; this is almost certainly my fault.

Well, there is nothing *wrong* with that - only there is no value in
second-hand signed-off-bys.

> My Signed-off-by was present in
> the original patches that I sent to Pete, and Pete kindly offered to take
> care of upstreaming the patches for me.  For the avoidance of any doubt: I
> definitely agree to the statements in https://developercertificate.org/.

Glad to hear it :)
This means I *could* have included them, but...

> I am happy for you to either drop or retain my Signed-off-by before pushing,
> as you see fit.

...to reduce confusion, I dropped them before pushing - but you're
still set as the author.

If in future you contribute directly yourself, please keep the
Signed-off-by in.

Best Regards,

Leif

View/Reply Online (#44061): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/44061