[edk2-devel] [edk2-platforms: PATCHv2 1/1] Platform/RPi3: Provide "ethernet[0]" aliases in device tree

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Wed Jul 24 20:53:00 UTC 2019

On 24/07/2019 19:53, Leif Lindholm wrote:
>>     SanitizePSCI ();
>>     CleanMemoryNodes ();
>>     CleanSimpleFramebuffer ();
>> +  FixEthernetAliases ();
>
> ...would it be worth having a return value here and Print()ing a
> message visible regardless of build profile if this function fails?

Yes, I think that would be very sensible, but it would also be
inconsistent with the rest of the code: all of the other
device-tree-modifying functions in FdtDxe.c are declared as VOID and use
only DEBUG to report errors.

Changing this pattern throughout FdtDxe.c should, I think, be a
completely separate patch.  Would it be possible to merge the current
patch, and I can then follow up with a second patch to improve the error
visibility in non-debug builds?

Thanks,

Michael

View/Reply Online (#44335): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/44335