[edk2-devel] reg : UEFI Secure Boot is stuck with Black Screen

Laszlo Ersek lersek at redhat.com
Tue May 7 12:02:24 UTC 2019

On 05/07/19 06:59, pavankumar_a at persistent.co.in wrote:
> On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 03:11 AM, <pavankumar_a at persistent.co.in>
> wrote:
>

>> Hi Laszlo,
>
> As you suggested in the in-line mail I have found a machine which
> supports EPT technology in our lab environment. And to maintain a
> homogeneous KVM Host environment used qemu-kvm packages which comes
> with the default repo.The thing is that by default qemu-kvm is not
> supporting q35 machine type .This is the reason earlier we went for
> Cent OS packages so that qemu-kvm can support  q35 chipset for Guest
> VM. Can you suggest me on the same , if i wanted to perform with RHEL
> 7.6 how can i proceed.

(Given that you asked earlier off-list as well, and that I happened to
answer there first, I think I won't repeat the answer here. The answer
is not related to upstream edk2 development anyway; it has to do with RH
products / RHEL packages. I would have been fine with answering here
only, but now it's not really useful to duplicate that info, which is
strictly speaking off-topic.

I'm posting this short note just to tell the list that I didn't ignore
the question.)

View/Reply Online (#40107): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/40107
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io