[edk2-devel] Understanding TCP4 Connect() not working after calling Close() and Configure(NULL)

rebecca at bluestop.org rebecca at bluestop.org
Sat May 11 02:23:03 UTC 2019

Hi,

I've come across what to me looks like a bug, but is probably a
misunderstanding of how to use the EFI_TCP4_PROTOCOL.

Under OVMF (I've not tried anything else), I've found that when I call
tcp4->Close(), tcp4->Configure() with NULL to reset it, then
tcp4->Connect() the TCP stack reports in the debug output that it's sent
a SYN packet, but I don't see it in Wireshark, and the connection
attempt eventually times out.  I'm only able to reconnect if I call
tcp4sb->CreateChild() to get a new instance.

-- Rebecca Cran

View/Reply Online (#40465): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/40465
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io