[edk2-devel] RFC for Edk2-ToolEnv

Sean via Groups.Io sean.brogan=microsoft.com at groups.io
Thu May 23 06:46:00 UTC 2019

Yes the plan would be to support both CI and local builds.  There is actually more features related to support platform builds so I think it would be better to keep ci out of the name.  The reason why Tool-Env was suggested is the modules can be used to run anything within the python environment not just builds.  We have a git submodule update tool, external dependency management tool (package mgmt/binary files), platform build tool, and CI build tool.

Look at https://github.com/microsoft/mu_pip_environment and https://github.com/microsoft/mu_pip_build to get an idea of the content proposed.

Thanks
Sean