[edk2-devel] Help needed in building UEFI qcow2 images

Laszlo Ersek lersek at redhat.com
Thu May 23 13:45:49 UTC 2019

On 05/22/19 21:10, Andrew Fish via Groups.Io wrote:
> Laszlo,
>
> Sorry I got the attachment too. It was just scrolled off the screen after the boiler plate.
>

> Groups.io <http://groups.io/> Links:
> You receive all messages sent to this group.
>
> View/Reply Online (#41228) <https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/41228> | | Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/31718606/1755084> | New Topic <https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/post>

> Sorry for the waste of time.

No, I think this is justified (mild) criticism on that large banner at
the end of reflected messages. I noticed the attachment immediately only
because my MUA (ThunderBird) displays such outside of the scrollable
email body, in two places actually (in the "threaded subjects" pane at
the top, and in the attachment pane at the bottom). I'd prefer if the
whole "-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-" footer disappeared from reflected
messages, and groups.io just implemented message-id-based search.

(There were two other aggravating factors: the original "DISCLAIMER" at
the end of the original posting, retained in the context, and
top-posting in the response to the original email.)

To be honest -- where I'm completely lost on occasion is "modern"
websites. From the recent past: the "hamburger icon" on StackOverflow,
which users have to click in order to pull up the Log Out option, takes
the cake. There are even StackOverflow threads about logging out of
StackOverflow, I kid you not:

https://meta.stackoverflow.com/questions/294881/how-does-one-logout-from-stack-overflow

https://meta.stackoverflow.com/questions/254109/how-can-i-log-out-from-stack-overflow

View/Reply Online (#41278): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/41278