[edk2-devel] reg: Media Detection and Delay in NWEnabled Boot

Sivaraman Nainar sivaramann at amiindia.co.in
Fri May 31 08:45:05 UTC 2019

Hello All:

In specific platforms with specific NW Controllers, the boot time is getting increased when NWStack enabled without LAN.  The time taken to boot with media not connected is lower than media not connected.

When tried to get more information on this behavior, it was noted that it took time During ARP Driver Initialization. In that phase it does the MNP Configuration which internally Initialize and Start the NW Controller.

Also it took time when it performs Media Detection in interval.

Is there any way we can configure the Media detection check during PXE, HTTP and IP configuration phase alone and during boot we can skip this check?

Is there any valid reason to have this check enabled during ARP Start itself?

-Siva

View/Reply Online (#41723): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/41723
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io