[edk2-devel] [[edk2-platforms]PATCH v4 1/1] Platform: Intel: Add Stratix 10 platform support

Leif Lindholm leif.lindholm at linaro.org
Fri May 31 11:16:36 UTC 2019

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 05:34:23AM +0000, Loh, Tien Hock wrote:
> > Also, we should look into having the DT provided by the firmware
> > instead of passed on the command line.
> >
> > And manually specifying console is very 2014 - use stdout-path in
> > the DT.
>
> Yeah I'll be looking into it. Can I get this 2014'ish implementation
> in first as I need to add DT support arm-trusted-firmware first
> before I can add this back to EDK2?

For the "having the DT provided by the firmware" bit, sure.

But for specifying console on command line:
https://github.com/altera-opensource/linux-socfpga/blob/master/arch/arm64/boot/dts/altera/socfpga_stratix10_socdk.dts#L29

So I don't see why the command line juggling is needed at all?

/
    Leif

View/Reply Online (#41728): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/41728
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io