[edk2-devel] [EDK2 / UEFI]: Support for flashing ubi-volume using fastboot

Andrew Fish via groups.io afish=apple.com at groups.io
Wed Apr 14 19:34:19 UTC 2021

> On Apr 14, 2021, at 11:12 AM, Pintu Agarwal <pintu.ping at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am new to EDK2 and UEFI.
> I am working on an ARM32 embedded Linux board that supports NAND and UBI images.
> I have several partitions in my system images, and some partitions
> have sub-volumes.
> I am looking for help on how to support flashing ubi-volumes directly
> using the fastboot flash method.
>
> I see that our EDK2 does not have a mechanism to flash ubi-volumes.
> But the underlying UEFI code, have support for ubi-volume.
> {{{
> UEFI Code flow:
> ubi_flasher_write(...)
> {
> [...]
>        if (hdl->is_it_volume) {
>                result = ubi_flasher_vol_write(hdl);
>                if (result != 0)
>                        goto End;
>        } else {
>                result = ubi_flasher_ubi_write(hdl);
>                if (result != 0)
>                        goto End;
>        }
> [...]
> }
> }}}
>
> When I tried to invoke ubi_flasher_write from EDK2, by passing the
> ubifs volume name, instead of PartitionName, it does not work (crash).

EFI does not have a concept of Volume names, EFI has a concept of EFI_HANDLEs that contain device paths that indentify the volume.

The UEFI Shell has volume names, but that is a construct produced by the UEFI Shell.

Thanks,

Andrew Fish

View/Reply Online (#74099): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/74099
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io