[edk2-devel] VirtIO Sound Driver (GSoC 2021)

Ethin Probst harlydavidsen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 17:45:32 UTC 2021

Yes, three APIs (maybe like this) would work well:
- Start, Stop: begin playback of a stream
- SetVolume, GetVolume, Mute, Unmute: control volume of output and enable muting
- CreateStream, ReleaseStream, SetStreamSampleRate: Control sample
rate of stream (but not sample format since Signed 16-bit PCM is
enough)
Marvin, how do you suggest we make the events then? We need some way
of notifying the caller that the stream has concluded. We could make
the driver create the event and pass it back to the caller as an
event, but you'd still have dangling pointers (this is C, after all).
We could just make a IsPlaying() function and WaitForCompletion()
function and allow the driver to do the event handling -- would that
work?

--
Signed,
Ethin D. Probst