[edk2-devel] RFC: Adding support for ARM (RNDR etc.) to RngDxe

Sami Mujawar sami.mujawar at arm.com
Thu Apr 22 09:30:12 UTC 2021

Hi Rebecca,

I have been working on the following modules (See slide 11 in “EDKII - Proposed update to RNG implementation.pdf<https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/files/Designs/2021/0116/EDKII%20-%20Proposed%20update%20to%20RNG%20implementation.pdf>”):

  1.  TrngLib|FwTrnglib (Arm Firmware TRNG)
  2.  DrbgLib stack – with support for DrbgAlgorithmLib|CRT_DRBG & AesLib|ArmAesInstructionLib.

I plan to post patches for (a) in the next fortnight. Following this I plan to update the proposal with the interface definitions for the various library interfaces in the DrbgLib Stack.

I have not looked at RngLib|RNDR as I believe you were interested in implementing the part. Kindly let me know if you plan to implement this and the platform you would be using for testing. It looks like the FVP_Base_AEMv8A-AEMv8A and the FVP-RevC models support RNDR, so these could be used for testing as well. Please feel free to get in touch should you need any help with the model parameters or if you face any issues.

Regards,

Sami Mujawar