[edk2-devel] Problem: TPM 2.0 event log by OVMF is shown empty in Linux kernel versions after 5.8

Tue Apr 27 16:28:45 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2021-04-27 at 09:00 -0500, Lendacky, Thomas wrote:
> On 4/27/21 2:40 AM, Thore Sommer via groups.io wrote:
> > > I don't confirm this.  I have Linux version 5.12.0-rc5+ installed
> > > and I
> > > see the attached in my binary_bios_measurements (I've run it
> > > through
> > > tpm2-eventlog so you can see the actual events).
> > Ok that is interesting.
> >
> > Here are the steps to reproduce my findings.
> > Necessary tools: Build chain for edk2, swtpm 0.5.2 and qemu 5.2.0
> >
> > 1. Build OVMF from edk2-stable202102 with
> > -a X64 -a IA32 \
> > -b RELEASE \
> > -D NETWORK_IP6_ENABLE \
> > -D TPM_ENABLE \
>
> Shouldn't you also have '-D TPM_CONFIG_ENABLE' ?

You only need that if you want the TPM configuration option for the
bios menu.  Without it the TPM should self configure ... I tried it
without and it still works for me (produces the bios log).

James

View/Reply Online (#74495): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/74495
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io