[edk2-devel] separate OVMF binary for TDX? [was: OvmfPkg: Reserve the Secrets and Cpuid page for the SEV-SNP guest]

Laszlo Ersek lersek at redhat.com
Fri Apr 9 14:11:41 UTC 2021

On 04/09/21 15:44, Yao, Jiewen wrote:
> Hi Laszlo
> Thanks.
>
> We did provide a separate binary in the beginning - see https://github.com/tianocore/edk2-staging/tree/TDVF, with same goal - easy to maintain and develop. A clean solution, definitely.
>
> However, we got requirement to deliver one binary solution together with 1) normal OVMF, 2) AMD-SEV, 3) Intel-TDX.
> Now, we are struggling to merge them......
>
> For DXE, we hope to isolate TDX driver whenever it is possible.
> But we only have one reset vector here. Sigh...

Can we please pry a little bit at that "one binary" requirement?

Ultimately the "guest bundle" is going to be composed by much
higher-level code, I expect (such as some userspace code, written in
python or similar); selecting a firmware binary in such an environment
is surely easier than handling this "polymorphism" in the most
restrictive software environment imaginable (reset vector assembly code
in the guest)?

View/Reply Online (#73906): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/73906
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io